These are some of the sermon notes I have collected during my 40 plus years of ministry. I hope you will find something you can use in your
work for the Lord.
Rev Mike Jones 2434 Allen Road, Effingham, SC 29541
A WELL ADJUSTED PERSON
Ephesian 5:18- 6:9 Rev. Mike Jones,
Having told the Ephesians how to Walk Worthy of their Calling in their Conduct (Chapter 4) and then having demonstrated the Proper Walk to them (5:1-17), Paul now shows how this Walk will impact every part of the Person's life.
A) Sins forgiven so you're at Peace WITH God
B) Under the Spirit's Control so the Peace OF God that passes understanding shall keep your heart and mind thru Christ Jesus (Spirit Control is compared to Drunkenness. Drunkenness changes the way a person walks, talks, and acts).
II. AT PEACE WITH SELF
A) Your Thought life is changed- Speaking to yourself in Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.
B) Your Character is changed- Singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.
C) Your Attitude is changed- Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Your heart used to be full of sorrow and sin and self; now it is filled with singing and praise as you KNOW that all things work together for the good to them that love the Lord. You are at peace with Self and Circumstances. Troubles and trials and tribulations still come but you rest in the safety of the rock while these storms howl.
III. AT PEACE WITH OTHERS
A) Accepting God's Plan for you in the Church- Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God You accept your part and place in the body of Christ as you work with other Christians to advance the cause of Christ.
B) Accepting God's Plan for you in Life:
1. Wives are to respect their Husbands; as shown by a submissive attitude. (This is not inferiority. Christ and God are equal yet Christ willingly submitted to the Father).
2. Husbands are to Love their wives (As Christ loved the Church and was willing to sacrifice His life for it)
3. Children are to obey their Parents in the Lord
4. Parents are to treat their children Properly and Train them up in the ways of the Lord.
5. Employees are to work as servants of Christ (That is why it is important that a person find the job God wants for them. I think it is just as important for a carpenter to be in the right place as it is for a Preacher to be in the right Church).
6. Employers are not to take advantage of or abuse their workers (They have to answer to their "Boss" in Heaven).
When a Person accepts Christ as Savior he receives the Spirit to abide in his heart and give him power to live the Abundant Life. Allowing the Spirit to control your life relieves the pressure of self effort and also gives you a Plan and Purpose for your life.
LIFE IS GOOD when you have Peace, and a Purpose, and Power to do what God wants you to do.